Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cookbook Junkie

I love cookbooks. I love reading them and I love trying new recipes. I had to stop buying them so I currently have 8 checked out from the library.
Expert gave me The Amish Cook for Christmas and I love it! It is a wonderful story with recipes throughout. I have not tried any of the recipes yet but plan to very soon. He also gave me Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving because I want to learn how to can and preserve food from the garden we are going to plant this spring.
I probably use this Betty Crocker cookbook the most. I also really like this one. There are two cookbooks that I really really really want to add to my collection. (Valentine's day is coming up. Maybe I'll get one).
The first is The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion. This is an amazing cookbook. The recipes are fantastic but I really love it because it is a practical guide for home cooks who want to make really good quality baked goods and it teaches the how and why of great tasting home baked goods. I've learned a lot about baking from this book. The other one I really want is The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. I have not been able to get this one from the library but have looked at it at the bookstore on a number of occasions and am pretty sure I would use it a lot if I owned it.
I've also started collecting vintage cookbooks but I'll write more about that later.
What are some of your favorite or most often used cookbooks? Leave a comment and let me know. (Come on! Help feed my obsession with cookbooks!)

No comments: