Sunday, March 9, 2008

Easy Chicken Bake

A good friend brought this to my house on the day I came home from the hospital after having my son. It has been a favorite ever since. (I think this recipe can also be found on the back of a very popular boxed stuffing mix but I could not find it online to link to).

1-6 oz package stuff mix with seasoning
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cup boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup sour cream
1-16 oz bag corn, thawed drained. (I do not usually add this much corn. You can also use peas and carrots or whatever vegetable your family likes).

Preheat oven to 400.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup dry stuffing mix on bottom of an 8x8 baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil; set aside.
Add hot water to remaining stuffing mix, stir just until moistened, set aside.
Place chicken over dry stuffing mix in baking dish.
Mix soup, sour cream and corn; spoon over chicken. Top with prepared stuffing.
Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: