Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Dinner

I wanted to make something fun and footballish for dinner tonight. We had bratwurst, Garlic -Herb mashed potatoes and Hot Pretzels.

I actaully used two new recipes tonight. I had a really good recipe for Hot Pretzels but they never kept well. If you did not eat them right away they became really soggy and gross. So I turned to one of my new favorite places to find recipes. The King Arthur Flour Company.
Here is the link to the Pretzels we made tonight. They turned out super yummy and were pretty easy to make.

I also tried a new potato recipe. In the past when I wanted garlic mashed potatoes I would just toss some garlic cloves in with the potatoes while they were cooking. I decided to try something a little more this time. Here is the recipe:
I added a splash of milk to get a more preferable texture but that was the only change I made.

No comments: