Friday, February 8, 2008

Martha's Casserole

This is a recipe I grew up with. When I was a kid I refused to eat it so mom would save some of the egg noodles and make me a hamburger patty to eat. Once I grew up a little and actually tried it I loved it. This casserole is one of the first things I made that did not come from a box.

8 oz wide egg noodles
1 lb ground beef
2 8oz cans tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1 8oz pkg. soft cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/3 cup snipped scallions
1 tablespoon minced green pepper
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook noodles as package directs; drain
Cook ground beef, remove from heat, drain fat and stir in tomato sauce.
Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, scallions, and green pepper.
In a 2 quart casserole dish spread half the noodles, cover with cheese mixture; then cover with rest of noodles. Pour on melted butter, then meat mixture.
Bake uncovered, 30 minutes.

No comments: