Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Flour Mess


I am messy when I cook and even more messy when I bake. I am too involved in the process of creating yummy food to worry about the mess. And I always clean up when I am done so why worry about keeping tidy while I work?

One problem is that I was losing a lot of flour because I was so messy when measuring it. Now I place a piece of wax paper on the counter, measure over that and then transfer the excess flour mess back into the bag of flour. Now I don't have to worry how much flour I spill.

2 comments:

Sonshine said...

LOL! Funny I should read your tip today! I am in the process of doing some baking too. I keep my flour in some big tupperware containers so I just use the lid to set the measuring cup on to avoid the really big mess! :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Sandra said...

Hi Jeanette,

I just added your blog to my bloglines :)

You asked about the whipping cream, I think I completely left out the measurement on my recipe LOL It's 3/4 cup of whipping cream :)

Great blog.
Sandra